Working at NVFS during the Coronavirus PandemicHere at NVFS, we recognize the multi-faceted challenges and public health crisis that the COVID-19 pandemic presents to our communities and our employees. We are committed to prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of all NVFS employees during this crisis and have taken several steps to address this. While this pandemic is still ongoing, we are there to support our teams and employees on this unanticipated and unprecedented journey. We are in this together.
- Transitioned a majority of our workforce to remote work;
- Implemented additional cleaning, communication and safety measures and protocols for those employees performing essential in-person and/or onsite work;
- Provided premium pandemic pay to those employees providing essential in-person services to some of our most vulnerable community members;
- Created a ‘Moving Forward Task Force’ comprised of various Agency leaders to stay abreast of current and ongoing COVID-19 information and help us move forward through this crisis;
- Increased communication efforts across the Agency to ensure all employees feel supported, connected, and informed as we navigate this journey together;
- Created a COVID-19 Information and Resources internal site for employees, which includes CDC and local guidelines and resources, teleworking tips, free resources for parents and caretakers working with children at home, wellness tips and resources, etc.
- Offered webinars for employees to understand the FFCRA and related law changes;
- Provided ongoing flexible work arrangements for employees to meet their various needs and obligations in both their professional and personal lives.